Friday, November 07, 2008

new life

I was having my audit methodology training today. For me, it’s kind of bored as I had studied audit for the past few months, and also done the e-training audit methodology few days ago. I feel sleepy, as a result of having bad flu and sitting in a air-conditioned room for the whole day. I claimed myself that I am allergy to air-conditioner… haha, kindly do not take my word seriously.

Okay, someone must be curious on how’s my life goes on in KPMG. I would say that it’s a continuous of my previous life, and not a new life. I had been joining KPMG for a week, 5 days. The first day is orientation day, where we introduce ourselves and also introduced to the KPMG by the HR personnel. Well, I don't really remember who we should look for when we encounter problems. I just know that we need to go to different departments for different problems. Yeah, segregation of duties. For the followings day, all of us remain in the meeting room, to carry out our e-training. E-training is some test which we should read and go-through by ourselves, and sit for the e-test. You need to pass the papers in order to get the certificates of completion. And now, I was enrolled in an audit training courses, which takes another 6 days.

My ex-manager in RSM had text me, to know how I am doing in KPMG. I just simply replied that I am still in training. If I were asked what I miss about RSM, definitely is the cheap food over there. I used to pack food at the street and it doesn’t exceed RM2 a day. But it still goes to around RM5 when I ate outside with my colleagues. I will say that the life here is expensive, to me. I can’t get any cheap food in one utama. Well, you must be telling me that I should expect it once I make up my mind to work here. Okay, I should stop complaining. Another thing will be the IT department, we faced lots of problems on our laptop, and the IT personnel are not polite. I miss the IT personnel of RSM, he had not making any noises even we kept on asking for his help on tiny tiny matters. But, if you ask me, will I resigned and go back to RSM, I think nope, I see better exposure here. The learning curve will be slower here, but overall, I will learn more things here.

Well, I had promised myself that I will enjoy my working life and trying my best to climb up the corporate ladder. It’s tough for me, but I going to try.

* I only get to know that ABC stands for Ais Batu Campur. It might be a joke for you guys again, but it is a fact. So, anyone going to tell me what ABC soup stands for? Er, it’s time for me to continue my training…bye…

~joo~

No comments: