Sunday, December 07, 2008

The Gossips




















I saw this painting in The Star this morning
it's The Gossips by Norman Rockwell
I like it so much, my thought began to flow when I saw this
I think you should enlarge it and have a proper look of the paint
You might have a laugh on peoples around you,
and also yourself :P
It shows the communication chain
It shows clearly how rumors come, and how people gossips
No matter gals or guys, old or young
human will still gossip
on whatever topic, using any communication tools
it can be either face to face, through phone calls, internet or blablabla...
look at the facial expression,
again, a facts that true, but people wouldn't admit it
gossips make peoples feel happy and laugh,
not sure with whether this is one way of relaxation,
but I hope nope
because when you are laughing,
the person in your topic will not feel happy,
maybe, gossip is an action which can hurt people

Do you remember what we do in young time?
we will tell our so-called "secret" to someone we "trust"
"ei, I tell you but you don't tell others ya."
"ok"
"(passing secret)"
and the person will then tell another person
"wei, I tell you something about XXX, but you don't tell others, ok?"
"ok"
"(passing secret again)"
this chain will kept on passing, and some days later
most of the people around you will know the "secret"
you might get back to the secret by yourself
or you will get some rumors about the secret
modified secret, no longer the true and origin one
imagine, you are the first person who share your "secret" to others
and your "secret" being passing around
or you are the person which others are gossiping
how do you feel?
if you are normal enough, hurt? pain? sad?
it's normal for you to feel depress when you play a role in others topic
but you can't do nothing

human, can you please stop the childish action?
can you please find something else to chat while you are free?
you can talk on daily news, on fashion, on food, on books and lots more
but not gossip
why should you cheer up yourself,
by putting pain on others?


~joo~

No comments: